Thursday, October 14, 2010

HGKWW ::: What's in a name?

For those who are curious...and missed a much earlier post mentioning it...

HGKWW = Hair Gets Kinky When Wet

Random, huh?

I can actually thank my "BFF" for that. He was joking about how many guys like to go after girls with curly instead of "nappy" hair...even if that means settling for a Wet 'n Wavy weave...

One day on Twitter, he decides to call these ladies #TeamHGCWW...Hair Gets Curly When Wet...Unfortunately, there are people who believe that is the standard for true beauty and the epitome of "good hair"--a phrase I DESPISE, by the way.

I am a proud member of Team Hair Gets Kinky (NOT NAPPY) When Wet...[[[I have an earlier post here explaining why I use the word "kinky" instead of "nappy" to describe tightly curled hair.]]] As someone who has learned to love my hair and how to care for it properly, I think it is important for my fellow kinky-haired sisters to reach the same place of acceptance and love for their hair.

I basically took a joke about a topic that IRKS me & turned it around...

And so...I present to you...HGKWW =)




*To get ur HGKWW fix, just click on the "HGKWW" tab at the top of the page =)

No comments:

Post a Comment