Wednesday, October 6, 2010

HGKWW ::: brush it off!!!!!!!!!

People, people, people..............

I know this goes against all we know--but it's time to ditch the brush!!!

I've been asked what kind of combs & brushes I use...

I have my shower comb (go get one NOW)...


my comb I use to part my hair (rat tail comb)...


my big "cake cutter" comb (detangling comb)...


...but my brush? I abandoned that some years ago.

Brushes yank out your hair and can cause your ends to split. They are also awful awful awful for your edges (ooo, girl, my baby hairs?). Yes, girl. All you are doing is beating your hair into place. (Think back to getting your hair done for school in the morning......right.)

To compensate for the lack of brushing I've been doing, I have mastered a few smoothing techniques and discovered some products that make brushing pretty much unnecessary...but that is another blog post in itself--soon to come!

People have different preferences for combs depending on their hair needs--but brushes? I do not recommend using them. You do not have to walk away from your brush completely if you aren't comfortable or really can't bare to imagine life without it. Fine. But you should try to use it sparingly.

But I might make an exception for him...

3 comments:

  1. This is so true! I never brush my hair and people are so confused by it lol Im glad I'm not the only one. Where did you get that "cake cutter" comb? Looks like a tool I need to add to my arsenal

    -Sarina-

    ReplyDelete
  2. the comb i use isn't that exact one...
    it looks more like this:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LgpylM4Bc50/SwqxPSgn3FI/AAAAAAAABMM/LNAMfkRi0oc/s1600/rake+comb.jpg

    i love this comb!!! lol when my hair is wet or dry, it gets the job done.

    They have them at Walmart & Target...I know there aren't even "regular" beauty supply stores around Princeton lol

    ReplyDelete