Thursday, December 16, 2010

::: HGKWW ::: What's YOUR type? ;-)



I'm sure you have noticed that not every chick you see with natural hair has the same curl pattern in their hair. And I wouldn't be surprised if you asked someone with a different hair type for some advice or a  quick tip & when you tried it, the results weren't quite the same.

One important step in learning how to care for ur natural hair is understanding the characteristics of your hair type. I was trying to plot on the best way to break this down for my readers & ran across this wonderful article on the Hair Type Classification System posted by NaturallyCurly.com.


I encourage you to check it out!!!


What's your type?!

3 comments:

  1. The only thing hair type is good for is when it comes time to styling. That's really it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you'd be surprised how many women don't know the characteristics of their hair type...especially if they've had a relaxer since a young age. Some even believe that hair type is something that you can change. Knowing what you're working with is a big help when figuring out how to keep your healthy and which products you will need. So I think hair type should be given a LITTLE more credit than that. Thanx for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm a 4a with a bit of 3c mixed in.

    Also, I want to disagree with what anonymous said...I feel as if hair type gives you greater knowledge about what products have the greatest chance for positively working for you. Products that are targeted for the 3a and above demographic tend to not have enough hold/thickness to work well with my hair. Along the same vein since Im not a 4b, there are certain heavier products that I know would not have the most positive impact on my hair. All in all, I feel like the more you know about your hair the better. That way you can know how to best treat it and how to best protect it and help retain your hair so that you can actually see growth.

    On a completely different note...Jess, what's your hair type?

    ReplyDelete