Friday, December 17, 2010

HGKWW ::: Q&A IV

Q: I've been neglecting my ends and now they are split like crazy!!! What can I do to fix them? Are there any ways that I can repair them and avoid having to cut my hair?

A: You are not going to like what I am about to say. I know you may see commercials for hair products that promise to fix this and mend that. I am sorry. But once your ends are split, there is no going back. The only way to get rid of split ends is to trim them. Anything else you see that claims to negate what I am telling you? It is only temporary and you will eventually have to cut your split ends off regardless. 

Don't hold on to split ends!!! I know it hurts to see length go, but if you try to keep your split ends around long enough, the split can travel up the shaft of the hair and soon there will be an even bigger issue at hand.

On the good side: Maybe this will serve as motivation to give your hair the attention it craves. Any split ends and damage to your ends that results from your neglect, is most likely irreversible. Preventing split ends is one of the best ways to help with length retention.

Remember to:
Keep your hair moisturized.
Wear a satin scarf or bonnet at night.
Minimize heat usage if you cannot avoid it completely.
Manipulate the hair less often.
Wear protective styles.
Trim hair when it needs to be trimmed!!!




2 comments:

  1. Is there a way i can love this like... a million times? This totally used to be my life lol Holdin' on to split ends forevvvveeer just because of length and then...having to see all of my lovely length go away because of breakage. Seriously ladies, its not worth the struggle, get rid of those ends. Your hair will thank you in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS! Scraggely ends are unhealthy and unattractive. Trim them and your hair will grow back!

    ReplyDelete