Thursday, November 11, 2010

HGKWW ::: Dry Cleansing & Conditioning

Soooooooooo

I tried something new recently & it was amazing. I was actually being lazy (don't be like me!!!) & then after my great results, I did some google'n just to find out that other people already knew about this.

Ok, Jess. What the crapizzle did you do?!!!!!!

I put conditioner in my hair while it was still dry. & it was good.

I had just shampoo'd my hair a few days before, but I'd been having a dryspell & decided to co-wash & deep condition as an attempt to get my moisture balance back in check. However, I was being drawn into this episode of "Dr. G, Medical Examiner" & didn't want to be away from the TV too long...and behold, my lazy behind idea.

From a few natural hair forums, I discovered that people refer to shampooing and conditioning the hair when it is dry as "dry cleansing" and "dry conditioning," respectively.

Here is my little version of both processes:

Dry Cleansing (shampoo)
  • Section hair
  • Work the shampoo only on to the scalp and near roots of the hair (Shampoo is drying & I prefer to only apply it to the base of my hair follicles so it won't weaken my ends)
  • Rinse out each section.
  • Why this rocks?
    • Avoid drying length of hair
    • Shampoo can latch on to dirt and oils without interference of water
    • Helps focus on getting scalp cleaner, especially for those with scalp issues---buildup, dry scalp, flakes
Dry Conditioning (conditioner)
  • Section hair
  • Work conditioner thoroughly into each section.
  • Detangle (carefully) with shower comb.
  • Rinse out each section after at least 10 minutes.
  • Why this rocks?
    • Less detangling to do without the initial rinse of hair before adding
    • Less shrinkage!!!!!!!!
As for the dry cleansing, that may take a little longer than traditional shampooing since you are focusing on the scalp. Other than that, this new discovery has changed my life. Really. Especially being able to condition and deep condition without the initial rinse. It is just great. I recommend you give it a whirl & let me know how it goes for you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Firstly, I love the color scheme!!! Its so bright and welcoming!!!

    Secondly, i have tried dry conditioning once and it was the bomb.com. This just rekindled my desire to do it again. Thanks for inspiring the troops Jess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh ... I don't think I've shampooed the "normal" way since this post lol
    Is that a bad thing? : /

    Hope not!!! Cause this method is the business!!!

    But between you and me (and the rest of your blog-readers ...)
    (It took me a couple times to master not dumping water everywhere BUT the sink. But I got it now! ... kinda)

    ReplyDelete